Re: vdr 1.7.16 no longer cleans del records from video.01, video.02...

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:10:07 -0700
VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Lou <tuxoholic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > One of the changes you introduced in 1.7.16 does prevent the
> > deletion of ".del" directories and the files inside of video.01,
> > video.02 and so on.
> >
> > Only the del directories in video.00 with the symbolic links are
> > cleaned up by the removing recordings thread.
> >
> > I guess it is caused by this change from 1.7.15:
> >

> >> - Fixed following symbolic links in RemoveFileOrDir().
> >>

> > This bug has been confirmed by other users in vdr-portal.
> >
> > Any ideas what I can change in the code until 1.7.17 comes out?
>
> Assuming nothing like function params have changed, you could try just
> copying that function from 1.7.15.

that should work but doesn't fix anything for the next version ;) (well
thats not that has been requested, but it needs to be fixed anyway :) )
- question: is there a reference to the original problem that should be
fixed by that ? I can confirm this.As told by Lou it should be the
change in tools.c -> RemoveFileOrDir()