Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-actuator-1.2.0 plugin

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Luca Olivetti <luca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm releasing version 1.2.0 of the "actuator" plugin available at
>
> http://www.ventoso.org/luca/vdr/
>
> This plugin controls a linear actuator (or an horizon to horizon one)
> through the parallel port with a simple circuit.
>
> From this version it is also possible to use the plugin without an actuator,
> i.e. as a channel scanner only.
>
> Note that it only compiles with the current development version of vdr.
>
> The changes:
>
> - Version for current development version of vdr (>= 1.7.15)
> - DVB-S2 support (untested, I don't have DVB-S2 hardware)
> - Experimental seractuator module (uses a serial port instead
>  of a parallel port)
> - Complete rewrite of the channel scanner
> - The plugin can now work without an actuator (i.e. as a channel scanner
>  only) with the command line option "-s" or "--scanonly"
>
> Bye
> --
> Luca

Good work - I think it would be great if we could merge in the old
rotor plugin into one overarching "VDR Dish" plugin which will work
with both the 24V actuators as well as the diseqc motors, to include
DVB-S / DVB-S2 channel scanners (entire satellite and single
transponders), signal strength / quality meters, dish tuning /
adjustment controls and with the ability to add selected channels to
the overall channel list etc.

This really is sorely missing from VDR. Its a nice project which I
might look at if I ever get a spare moment! First I would have to
update my VDR from 1.7.0 with multiproto as lack of good support for
vdr-rotor has been holding me back from upgrading to S2API and later
development versions of VDR.

Thanks,

Morfsta