Re: Arabic language EPG is inappropriately displayed

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:59:53 +0200
> From: Steffen Barszus
> Subject: Re:  Arabic language EPG is inappropriately displayed

> Question to sami which remains:
> - What Locale you have set ? (ar_??)
> - Is the rest of the menus english or translated ?

Hi,

The VDR menu in yavdr0.2 does not support Arabic i.e There is no Arabic option to set.

Where is the Locale Option? All I did was editing the /etc/default/vdr and ADDING this line:

VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE="ISO-8859-6" ,,, The "ISO-8859-6" is the Arabic ISO

The result now Arabic lettrs per se are recognized(they were appearing squares before) but as I said they are set to be read from left to right and the letters are seperated from each other.

I used XBMC LIve TV and the TV guide is displayed fine. So I think something has to be changed in VDR code perhaps. I hope Klaus help us in this issue.

Regards
Sami