Re: Advice on new motherboard, xineliboutput, vdpau, hdmi video & audio, etc.

> is there really no recommendation for a board not using Nvidia graphics
> components? It would really be great to not depend on proprietary
> drivers.
>
> The VIA chipset VX855 was supposed to have support 1080p support build
> in. But those devices do not seem to be available in non Asian regions.
>
> AMD/ATI or Intel should also over some products fitting your need. And I
> heard the drivers matured quite a bit (besides Intel Poulsbo).
>
> Unfortunately I do not own such systems.

I installed vdr-sxfe to Poulsbo/GMA500 netbook but there is no Xv and VA API is not supported by xine-lib. There is mplayer support but I don't know if deintelacing is good. I haven't tried.
An unscaled window works but fullscreen is horrible. The real Intel graphics stuff is likely better but I have no experience about that.

Seppo