Re: USB IR Receiver not loaded when vdr starts on boot

The problem remains. In 9 times out of 10 vdr will fail to start due
to USB IR not being loaded by the time the script "runvdr" chmods the
permissions on input devices.

/dev/input/event[1-4] are being loaded in time, but as I wrote,
/dev/input/event5 (my USB IR) fails to load in time for chmod to be
set correctly.

How do I 1) postpone the execution of the "runvdr" script, set
appropriate permissions in some other way, or otherwise make the
problem disappear?

Any suggestion is welcome

My family loves the VDR-TV but they really hate the forced "open
console to manually start xine, only to realize that VDR did not start
correctly, followed by closing xine window, start vdr manually,
filling in sudo password, and finally start xine manually again."

BR, Peter