Re: How to properly attach stream to live view?

Am 19.07.2010 10:44, schrieb Frank Schmirler:
> Good shot. Streamdev suffers from a similar problem and would benefit from
> this patch, too. If a streamdev-client prepars to switch channels, the current
> stream blocks a device which will also become available a little later. At the
> moment streamdev temporarily detaches the client's receiver if no other device
> is able to do the job anyway. With the volatile flag this should no longer be
> necessary.

My first attempt was less intrusive by specially marking live related
receivers and handling them different on device search, but I decided to
go the more complex way to solve the search-new-before-disconnect
conflict generally. Seems it has a first use already. :)

Cheers,

Udo