Re: merging correctly several .ts files to a single ts file or better mkv

On 27/03/2010 12:13, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
On 27.03.2010 12:10, Eric Valette wrote:
Hi,

I've been botten by the 2GB file size split and would like to:
     1) create a single file. "cat *.ts">  result.ts does not work well
because if I watch the resulting file with mplayer, i get out of sync
video and sound at the original split location

I don't see why there should be any interruption at these points.
VDR simply switches from one file to the next when recording.
There is nothing special at the beginning or end of the files.

Well I do not understand either but try with smplayer and you will see strange thing happen (slow motion; out of sync, bad timestand displayed, ...). Each .ts works fine in mplayer, not the result of the cat command.

Note that its VC1 + eac3 (HDTV in france).

     2) edit the resulting file to remove uneeded time stamp (beginning
and end typically)

What "uneeded time stamp" do you mean?

Removing part of the record that is not what I wanted to record (typically a few minutes before and after the complete record).

-- eric