Re: OT: Applications for the living room

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@xxxxxx> wrote:
> It will not be replaced before the HDTV VDR is mature. The biggest
> problem is that my eyes do not like the picture quality of current LCDs.

Just curious what you think VDR lacks or is unstable in regarding
hdtv?  The only current problems I'm aware of are:

- Xine will freeze when you are rewinding a VDR recording and then
press play or right-arrow for example, but this is a bug in xine, not
VDR.

- VDR reporting incorrect runtime in h264 recordings.  Klaus has
worked on this and it's _much_ better now.  If the runtime is
incorrect, it's usually only off by up to +10 minutes or so, not
several hours as it used to be.

- Some people have problems playing VDR recordings in other players
outside of VDR but again, not really a bug in VDR since VDR recordings
are intended to be played within VDR.

Maybe there are other issues but I don't know about them.  The one
that actually is an issue with VDR (incorrect runtimes), isn't even
significant.

Cheers