Re: scan-s2 and dvb-apps

scan-s2 was an evolution based on scan code.

I've added support for S2 API, some patches from other contributors, added some switches that were requested by users and fixed some bugs.
The core wasn't changed too much.

I don't know how scan looks today, but if it wasn't totally rewritten, I don't think it should be too complicate to merge between the 2 and have only 1 application.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Abbe,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:30 PM, abbe normal <1abenormal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi manu
>
> why would there have to be 2 scan packages couldnt there be one that
> does the same for both types of devices... i would think dvb scan
> should be able to do anything dvb not just s2 or s or is it asking to
> much from it...
>
> abbe

scan does scan of dvb channels as you are aware of.

scan-s2 original commit seems to be a derivative of scan, though it is
not incremental nor based on patches, but a dump of files instead.

This is the part that gave me headaches on how to get scan-s2 merged into scan.
I can't simply replace scan with scan-s2, because scan is even better
maintained.

The other case would be that both scan and scan-s2 would coexist,
being the last thing that I would do.

Regards,
Manu