Re: analogtv plugin with HVR-1800

On 18/02/10 23:58, Timothy D. Lenz wrote:
> Ok, I was mainly interrested in adding the ntsc (analog) tuning. I think
> most if not all the ntsc channels left in our area are spanish, so not
> really interrested in watching them, more, in, I have the hardware,
> would be nice if it was usable. I have both these cards:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1800
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DViCO_FusionHDTV7_Dual_Express
>
> And I just noticed the second card is also listed as having analog tuning:
> http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/products/HDTV7DualExpress.aspx
>
> But according to this link, only the 1800 has linux support for analog:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_PCIe_Cards
>
> With both cards in, I have 3 dvb adapters and all 3 have:
> demux0, dvr0, frontend0, net0

Hi Timothy,

I was in the same position as you and found an inexpensive pvr500 on
eBay.  It's a nice card, and more importantly, doesn't interfere with
the ATSC cards I have.

I also now have a cable HD box connected up to it.  PVRINPUT will change
the channels on the box to the correct one and either select SVIDEO on
the PVR500 or the HDPVR box and display it in HD.

At quick glance, it looks like there are quite a few Hauppauge PVR
devices listed on eBay at the moment.  Just make sure it's an NTSC one.
 The first two I got were PAL (even though sold from Detroit).  The guy
didn't realise, in the end I sent them to a friend in Hungary.

Rob

--

Rob Davis