Re: vdr htpc + xine = dropped frames warning

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:23 AM, martinez <martinez@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am running a htpc with vdr 1.7.11 + xine
>
> I was using oxine where there is no problem with warnings but unfortunately it does not support vdpau and doesn't seem to be regularly maintained.
>
> I have disabled dropped frames warning in xine but somehow I still get from time to time a window telling me that xine is dropping some frames.
> Since the HTPC is not connected to a mouse the only work around is to press the power button on the remote (which is mapped to a script that kills xine and returns to the main menu)
>
> I would appreciate if somebody could point me to a sure way to get rid of all warnings in xine, in fact I do not want xine to display anything other than the vdr osd and the ts stream.
> Is easy to patch the xine source code to act more suitably to an htpc?

Make sure you are _not_ running xine when you edit ~/.xine/config, and
make sure you edit the correct one.  Meaning if you start xine as
root, login as root and edit the config file.  If you start it as a
user, login with that user name and edit, etc.....

The correct setting would be:
gui.dropped_frames_warning:0