Re: Applying dxr3 subtitles patch to debian packages

On Tuesday 26 January 2010, Emyr Thomas wrote:

> My question is, given the way I've installed VDR, what's the
> best/easiest way for me to apply this patch? Do I have to compile VDR
> from source myself, or can I somehow modify the debian VDR package
> sources on my machine and build them with this patch applied?

I'm not familiar with Debian packaging, but I suppose the latter would be
possible, and perhaps the maintainers of your Debian VDR package would
consider including the patch in the package's source tree as an optional one
so it'd be easier for people who want to rebuild it.  (Or even just apply it
unconditionally by default, that's what we've done in Fedora for a long time
and there have been no complaints.)