Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.11

On 06.01.2010 20:31, JW wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 06.01.2010, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>> VDR developer version 1.7.11 is now available at

>> The changes since version 1.7.10:

>> - Implemented handling the "Content Descriptor" (based on a patch from Rolf
>>   Ahrenberg). The 'classic', 'sttng' and 'curses' skins display the textual
>>   representation of the content descriptors as "genre". The epg.data file stores
>>   the genre using the tag character 'G'.
>
> Believe it or not, I was working on this patch this afternoon. I should
> have checked my emails earlier. But how about changing all these
> #defines in enumeration in epg.h? I also changed the names the way, that
> they fit better to the rest of vdr's source code (patch attached).

Adopted for version 1.7.12.
I also changed "mask" to "group", because these values are not
really mask values.

Please provide your real name if you care to be mentioned in VDR/CONTRIBUTORS.

> ARD also sends some kind of user defined Content Descriptor, but
> unfortunately it's nowhere documented.

The DVB standard should never have allowed any "user defined" stuff... :-(

Klaus