Re: Play-only client with a FF card or dlink 320rd

Look into streamdev, the README explains a lot. you can also use
mediatomb (UPnP) to export your current xine's http url. Xine is
useful for testing but limited to same channel as the main vdr pc.
Rather go with streamdev. In mediatomb you need to define the .vdr
extension for older(<vdr-1.7.x) pes recordings, and if your player
doesn't know how to demux mpeg2-pes, then you can tell mediatomb to
remux it on the fly/stream for your UPnP capable player.