Re: Channel to Adapter mapping?

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Lauri Tischler <lwgt@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> Where does VDR maintain the adapter to channel mapping? Thanks.
>>
>> Unfortunately it doesn't support this feature.  I wish it did however,
>> believe me!
>
> Actually it does, sort of.  If the conditional access field in channels.conf
> contains value 0x1-0xF the it is interpreted as card number.

That's completely insufficient.  We discussed this topic a short time
ago on the mailing list (and also irc also for some of us).  There's
several good reasons to implement mapping down to at least the
sat&transponder level and no good reason not to.  However, I don't
think anyone is working on any solutions.  There is sourcecaps but
even that is too limited as it only goes to sat level, which isn't
good enough (especially for North Americans).