Recommendation for new hd vdr system.

Hello,

Now that I have an hd tv set, I'm looking at revamping my ageing vdr system for hd.
Oh, and I want it to be really cheap ;-)
It seems that the only reasonable option is a motherboard/graphic card supported by nvidia vdpau. I need a parallel port and a pci slot (I want to use my current dvb-s card), so the revo and similar nettops are out. The asus P5N7A-VM motherboard seems a good candidate, is its integrated 9300 graphics powerful enough for good deinterlacing?
According to this page
 http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU
the only limitation is that it cannot do Advanced 2x for HD content, everything else is covered (I'm currently using temporal on my laptop and, while acceptable, it doesn't seem top-notch). Or should I better buy a cheap motherboard and add an external nvidia graphic card?

Any suggestion?

Bye
--
Luca