Re: restricting root of xineliboutput mediaplayer?

On 12/11/2009, Halim Sahin <halim.sahin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Do, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:33:42 +0100, Marco Skambraks wrote:
>  > hi,
>  > On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Halim Sahin wrote:
>  >
>  > > Hello,
>  > > Does xineliboutput support this?
>  > > The Problem: the Kids shouldn't be able to view or modify anything in
>  > > the system.
>  > > E. G.
>  > > /media should contain all content and
>  > > it shouldn't be possible to change to /.
>  > do you mean a chroot env?

command: chroot /my/chroot/area /usr/bin/vdr-sxfe

Create the chroot with the help of the tool ldd, ldd vdr-sxfe will
tell you what shared objects vdr-sxfe requires to start. This is an
interim solution until xineliboutput supports the original request.

If you use pipe then you need to link that into your chroot
environment. If you don't want to use vdr-sxfe in remote mode and
rather use local frontend. Then I guess the whole vdr will have to
placed into a chroot environment.

my 2c