Re: [OT] ARM based devices for VDR server and client

I have N810 (Arm 2420 Omap) and tested the playback of sdtv with it by=20
using the mplayer as a player which connected to VDR streamdev server.
For a while the playback was good but then there were also moments where=
=20
the playback or sounds get scattered.
=A0
Nokia N800 was reported to have inefficient graphics hardware (I assume N81=
0=20
is quite the same) :

Well, I was not fully sure were those scatterings caused by the graphic hardware or wlan. Because for a while the screen were actually fine.

In addition that omap version is supposed to have support for davinci dsp chipset and prebuild codecs for a acceleration of various sound/picture/video formats. In reality I do not know how much those capabilities are used or how linux apps like mplayer could advantage them...

http://www.go-dsp.com/forms/TIDigitalMediaSWCM/index.htm

Mika

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//maemo-developers/2007-March/009133.htm

Probably the recent N900 would be a smoother client for VDR (though it has =
a smaller=20
screen: 3.5' vs. 4.1')
		 	   		 =20