Loosing tuners

I thought this was because of the priority patch for better maping of timers to tuners, but I have removed that patch and still
loose a tuner. Using vdr-1.7.8 (for some reason I have no sound with 179), after there have been timer records, one of the tuners in
a dual tuner card, mostly the second no longer seems to work. If I use femon to switch between tuners on the currnt channel, it's as
if it has no antenna connected even though the card only has 1 input. It is not a driver problem because I only have to restart vdr,
not the drivers to fix it. It seems to work again until a timer record has gone off. It also doesn't always happen. Some times both
tuners still work after a timer which is why I thought it was the patch.