Re: xbmc-pvr (was - HD clients for vdr)

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 08:49 +0300, Harri Kaimio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> adding line
>
> Recordings.Sort();
>
> after
>
> Recordings.Update( true );
>
> in cConnectionVTP::CmdPLAY (in server/connectionVTP.c) fixes this
> particular problem. So the problem seems to be that streamdev reloads
> the recording list every now and then and does not sort it always.

Thanks. That makes it work for me so that correct recording is opened.

But vdr-xbmc looks rather broken othervise related to recordings. Most
of the time with new videos I get only sound chirps without video. Old
vdr format videos seem to work better.

> By looking at code there seems to be a similar problem when deleting
> recordings which is of course even more worrying as it can lead to data
> loss... I haven't verified this yet though (and cannot test it before my
> kidslet me use the system again :-)

Sounds scary!

> I still don't have any idea why the subtitles are not shown correctly in
> recordings. Also with some recordings from Yle's TV channels XBMC plays
> the wrong soundtrack (plain VDR works OK with them)

I was able to open one recording from YLE Teema where subtitles were
shown. It was an edited recording that seems to work better (audio
chirps & no video problem).

BR,
Seppo