Re: xbmc-pvr (was - HD clients for vdr)

VDR User wrote:
On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Lauri Tischler<lwgt@xxxxxx> wrote:
Did you know that Klaus is giving VDR a new 24bit OSD?  High
resolution/high color will soon be in vanilla VDR, no expensive eHD
card or otherwise required. ;)
That's nice but my main problem with vdr is having two televisions + one
computer that can be used for TV watching too. HD UI is not the main
driver for me.

There really should be a proper server/client(s) architecture with vdr.
Possible HD UI development for vdr to be useful should be developed to
operate as IP streaming client.
I really do not understand the rage about HD OSD and/or skins.
VDR is meant for watching TV-programs, like sports, movies, documents,
and porno, not OSD.

Many of us are using real tv's and not computer monitors for viewing.
And of course many are now doing hdtv.  It's likely you're not a user
of either or both of those.  Certainly an HD OSD isn't required to
watch tv but if you knew how ass ugly it was to see the crappy low-res
8bit OSD on a big high definition tv, you'd understand.  Consider the
HD OSD like having real nice woodgrain trim in your car.

I really wouldnt care less, if the OSD on my Toshiba 42" FullHD looks
ass ugly, so be it, just about anything, while developing VDR,
is more important then HD OSD.
"Real nice woodgrain trim in cars" was used in some 1950's stationwagons. :)