Re: No EIT for channel Yesterday

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:03:28 +0100
Dave P <vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 10 Aug 2009, Tony Houghton wrote:
> > On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 23:01:07 +0200
> >
> > In fact, it isn't just Yesterday, the entire Freeview network has no EPG
> > in VDR. I can tune to the channels though. The DVB-S EPG is present
> > though.
>
> Are you referring to Freeview, the UHF terrestrial DVB-T service in the UK,
> or Freesat, the free-to-air satellite service? FreeSAT uses a dedicated
> transponder to carry the EPG for all channels, and the information is
> carried using a non-standard coding scheme. There is a patch for Freesat
> at http://www.rst38.org.uk/vdr/ though I have no idea whether it works.

Freeview is the one I'm having the problem with. I am using the Freesat
patch because I've got both types of card; the Freesat EPG is working,
the Freeview one isn't. I'll have a look at the patch later and confirm
that it adds the Freesat pids rather than replacing the standard ones,
but I'm sure they both used to work together and I haven't changed
anything recently.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk