Re: femon - stream information

Hi there,

Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>
>> Would it be hard to enhance the femon plugin to show some stream
>> information, eg progressive v interlaced and stream resolution, eg
>> 480p, 576p, 1080i etc? It already does some stream parsing as is, to
>> determine mpeg2 vs h.264?
>
> Nope - most of the code is already there: only a simple ts2pes buffering
> class is missing as all required data doesn't fit into a one TS packet
> with H.264. I don't have access to any H.264 channels, so I won't
> implement any further. Also I'm waiting Klaus' decision about enchanhing
> the cDevice API as certain information are quite useful i.e. for skins.

this might be slightly OT, but I thought it would be worth pointing out
if talking about future releases of the femon plugin. Would you like to
take a look at my quick hack which makes the femon OSD width adaptive
and consistent to the global OSD width (for HD displays):
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=829287#post829287
As mentioned, maybe it's a hack, but it looks quite well on my FullHD
OSD (even if right now I'm only able to receive SD video yet). For vdr
>= 1.7.8 maybe the OSD width value can be obtained via the new API call
Klaus introduced, but I only did it for a patched vdr-1.7.7, but you get
the idea...

Cheers,
Lucian