Re: Analog TV plugin

> Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:14:08 +0200
> From: Thomas Netousek <tkn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re:  Analog TV plugin

> Hi Martin,
>
> first of all thanks for your work !
> I am using the HVR1900 which has a DVB-T and an analog part purely for
> the capturing from analog.
> I am using the pvrusb2 driver from kernel 2.6.29.
> This version has two configuration options:
> - pvrusb2 sysfs support (EXPERIMENTAL)
> - pvrusb2 ATSC/DVB support (EXPERIMENTAL)
>
> I am disabling the ATSC/DVB support and I get a /dev/video[0,1,2]
> instead of /dev/dvb/adapter[0,1,2]

I discussed this issue in the pvrusb2 ML:

http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2009-July/002493.html

and suggested a possible solution:

http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2009-July/002495.html

Would be fine if you could try if this works when "pvrusb2 ATSC/DVB support"
is enabled. If you have no other DVB device than the pvrusb2, than I wonder
if VDR would accept a not existing - D option.

Example:
modprobe pbrusb2 adapter_nr=9
vdr -D 0 -Ppvrinput

Will vdr fail to start, because the selected dvb adapter is not found? Or will
vdr start like there is no DVB device?
Note: Maybe you need the dummydevice plugin to get vdr started without any DVB
devices.

> You are right that I cannot switch easily between DVB-T and analog, but
> I do not have that requirement.

It should be possible to start a small script via commands.conf, which stops
vdr, unloads pvrusb2, reloads it with a different adapter_nr, and restarts
vdr with a -D option which allows the usage of the pvrusb2 DVB-T part.
This way one could switch between analogue and DVB usage by restarting vdr via
OSD.

> So actually I can confirm that pvrinput and pvrusb2 not only work with
> one adapter, but with three - and there seems to be no
> limit.

Do you have three pvrusb2 devices? wow.
pvrinput supports a maximum of 8 devices

Greets,
Martin