Re: Problem: VDR seems to change the channel after long time viewing via VLC over xineliboutput

Am Mittwoch, den 08.07.2009, 12:35 +0200 schrieb Kai Kronschnabel:
> Hy experts,
>
> config:
> Core2Duo, same on Atom 330, 2GB, all new, OnBoard Intel VGA, same with
> ext. nvidia 8400 or 9600 (this is not the problem)
> VDR 1.7.8, Technisat Skystart HD2, s2-liplianin, xineliboutput
> Debian 5 2.6.26-2-686 i686
> No local frontend, stream only to VLC 0.9.9 on Windows-Vista
>
> problem:
> After running the VLC client for about 5 to 8 hours the picture freeze
> and after restart VLC is runs only seconds.
> If I start vdr from the commandline this happends after the message "now
> tuned to source ... transponder ..."
> It seems to me that after some hours VDR forgotts that there is a client
> that need the channel exclusive.
> "now tuned to source ... transponder ..." is not seen after the first
> hours running vdr, except I manually change a channel via SVDRP. I have
> to restart VDR to get a usable system back for some hours.

Try to disable EPG scan. Menu - Settings - EPG - EPG Scan timeout

A value of 0 disables the EPG Scan. If it is enabled VDR runs an EPG
scan after x hours of user inactivity.

> Am I right here?

Falk Spitzberg
Tel: +49 5242 901626