Digital encoding in first(top) video row

Hello all,

I have few DVB-S channels with first (top) row of the video shown on the screen as a set of
black and while pixels that definitely represent a digital information. I clearly see some
counters running there.

The same channel broadcasting by local cable provider don't have that line shown.
Do you think they intentionally hide that row? Or there is a problem with MPEG decoding for
those channels in VDR?

Is there any way to auto detect and hide that row?

Thanks.