Re: [OT] NVidia ION mini-ITX arriving

Magnus Hörlin a écrit :> Well, my first imressions of the ION platform (Acer Revo) are very good. > It does the vdpau deinterlacing without problems and so far the video > decoding has not exceeded 1% cpu load for ANY 1080p clip I've tried. > This is the best VDR frontend/XBMC machine I've ever tried. I don't know > why, but it works better than my Intel E7200/Nvidia 9400 uATX board. For > those interested it uses 34W from 220V with the hdd still attached. I > don't know if it's using any power though, since I've disabled SATA in > the bios because I boot it off the network. Anyone who knows how to open > this wonderful little thing?
Thanks for the feedback.
Knowing that my EPIA ML6000 draws 25W from the wall (no HDD at all) while hardware-decoding MPEG2, using the same kind of power brick, I'd say decoding 1080p with 34W is great !I guess the HDD will still spin, even with SATA disabled at the BIOS. You could rip 2 more watts off by unpluging it.
Openning it :http://hothardware.com/Articles/Acer-Aspire-Revo-SFF-NVIDIA-Ion-PC/?page=3
Does digital sound come out of the box on HDMI only ? No SPDIF of some kind ?
-- NH
_______________________________________________vdr mailing listvdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr