Re: BBC HD and vdpau

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Morfsta ha escrit:
>
>> If you turn Dolby Digital off in the VDR DVB menu then it will play
>> only the MPA track and the picture will then work fine in VDR.
>
> I tried activating dolby digital (I usually have it set to no), and I
> don't have a problem with the video (as long as I use xxmc, vdpau, as I
> said previously, doesn't work). Of course I don't hear anything (I don't
> have 5.1 hardware), and if I select the normal audio track it skips from
> time to time, but the video itself is fine.
>
> Bye

I tried the turning off dolby digital and I get the Narrative track ok,
but I still get corruption on vdpau.  It's like vertical banding,
reminiscent of trying to copy a video with macrovision.  My pc doesn't
display it well enough on xxmc, (I have an 8400 which should be fast
enough with a quad core phenom, but it doesn't want to do it..)

I am using a VGA output, maybe it will work if I used a DVI one?  Maybe
it is HDCP protection?