Re: BBC HD and vdpau

En/na Rob Davis ha escrit:
> I'm in a half way stage with VDR and h264.  I didn't want the multipro
> drivers, but wanted to get a few HD channels working with vdpau.
>
> I have VDR working with BBC HD almost, and Sky HD +24 and a few others,
> however, BBC doesn't seem to display properly, as well as having
> problems with the audio selection.  It looks like it has macrovision
> protection or something like that.. (Using vdr-sxfe and xine-libs with
> h264 support).
>
> As I said, other channels seem to work.  I would try ITV HD but there's
> never anything on...
>
> Any tips?
>
> (In xxmc it sort of works, but jumps as it doesn't seem to have the guts
> to play the source.)

I was just going to ask on the xine-vdpau mailing list/irc since in my
setup (i.e. my laptop) xine-vdpau works worse than xxmc: vdpau mostly
works with the astra hd demo channel at 23.5E (though there's some minor
color fluctuation) while it doesn't work at all with the bbc hd channel
(heavy pixelation, stuttering and horizontal banding).
In both cases using xxmc the image is good, though sometimes there's
some stuttering since the machine probably doesn't have enough
horsepower (an Intel Core 2 Duo T9400). Anyway, it doesn't seem that
using vdpau I have any less cpu usage.
I'm using it with vdr 1.7.0+h264 patches and the xine plugin.

Bye

--
Luca