Re: Popcorn as VDR frontend

Thank you for your responses. I would be happy for any help offered and
would gladly share any results I come up with. If anyone wants my diffs
for building xinelib/vdr-fbe on PCH, please mail me.

For me, the overall goal is:
	- Get the functionality of a full VDR frontend on PCH

The current tech. idea is;
	- Use mono to display audio/video
	- Use custom directfb app to display xineliboutput VDR OSD and
	  get lirc input

The initial tasklist as I see it:
	- Test mono with xineliboutput http access
	- Make a simple directfb app displaying some image and see
	  if it can show it ontop of a running mono av-stream.
	- Hack vdr-fbfe/xinelib wildly to get OSD from xineliboutput
	  onto PCH.
	- Possibly rewrite without using xinelib.

It might be good to locate the 'project' somewhere with a decent Wiki
and SVN repository. Please suggest something.

Please note though that the time I can put on this is very limited, my
VDR adventures is a very slow moving process, with family, house and
work taking up most of my time.

/Johan

--
Johan Andersson, jna@xxxxxxxxx