Re: Forthcoming VDR Release To Support VDPAU (???)

VDR User schrieb:
> I've been using vdpau-enabled xine in VDR-1.7.4 (via xine-0.9.0) for
> some time now so if he's only saying it's possible then that's old
> news.  But if he's saying vdpau will be supported in VDR core, then
> that's pretty big news in my opinion (although I don't believe that's
> the case).

Think thats some bad wording. It should rather have been (changed part
between **):
"This morning we find out from Stefan Huskamp that a new  *EasyVDR
(Linux VDR Distribution (Video Disk Recorder
<http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/>))* release is coming soon and it too will
feature support for the Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix
through its use of the Xine library."

Furthermore i hope that thisis not blocking the efforts of AMD/ATI and
Intel (or better is pushing this two) and that in the end something
along VA-API is being used.
> Either way I'm glad to see VDR getting some promo! :)

For sure - better if it would have been more precise ;)

Regards

Steffen