Re: More features for Livebuffer

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Jörg Knitter <joerg.knitter@xxxxxx> wrote:
> What about using RAM oder some kind of flash media?
>
> I would really appreciate such a function - as long I can choose where I
> want the buffer to be written... I also would prefer not to have a HD
> recording 24/7...

Since flash media has a limited amount of writes, I wouldn't recommend
using that as a place to do massive recording.

I think at the very least the user should have the option to turn
constant hdd recording on/off.  I think it's ridiculous MythTV doesn't
allow the user to decide if he wants it and just forces it.  Not only
does it create a lot more wear on your hdd, it also keeps your power
usage high and thus your electric bill bigger each month.  All that
just so I can rewind live tv any time?  Umm, no thanks.  There's
nothing that important on tv that I can't find on the net or see again
later when it repeats.  ;)