Re: vdr-sxfe from background script

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Alex Betis wrote:

>>  I do have a similar solution to the one Ville used in KDE
>>
>> - set up a shell script
>> - issue a killall -q -9 vdr-sxfe command first (if there is no vdr-sxfe
>> task running this will be ignored)
>> - call vdr-sxfe again
>>
>So you don't have a script that re-run vdr-sxfe in case it crashes?

It doesn't reload on it's own in case of a crash - so: no - maybe you
could try to check for the pid on a regular base? But this would not
help you in case of the buffer overflow, since the pid remains but
the connection to vdr gets broken.

Hence: best way to do it would be a button on your remote or a hotkey
on your keyboard.

>> to vdr gets lost but the task itself keeps running and can't be terminated
>> cleanly by sighub or sth similar.
>>
>Yeah, it happen pretty often for me as well. Any ideas how to improve that?
>I have a channel with many audio tracks that cause the buffer to get filled
>as well and drop frames.

no - I tried cvs version 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 of xineliboutput - I guess it happens
less often in 1.0.4

The second point why I need the script is the volnorm parameter: this adds additional
gain in volume level, but the adjustment only takes place if you start the application.