Re: eHD and how subtitle timing start work

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Why can't the eHD plugin just deliver a correct STC?
> It doesn't even have to be a "real" STC - the PTS of the most
> recently presented frame would do just fine.

I do not know. My comment has based on only observation and
reelbox-plugin use. I can assume that some part of issue is buffering
start, system needs some time to fill buffer with data and before that
you can not get real delay value.

One item for these "long buffer" output devices is fast forward and
rewind. It is quit difficult to skip commersials or find start of the
program with 6s delay on video path. When user see video and press play,
VDR is delay*speed over that spot. Vdr should compensate this and jump
where user thinks to be on video.

--
Vesa