Re: no channel update for certain channels

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Malcolm Caldwell <malcolm.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 10:34 +0100, Matthias Dahl wrote:
> Hi.
>
> For certain situations, it'd be great to exclude some channels from the
> automatic channel update. For example, when one has entered a channel manually
> which broadcasts wrong channel informations. With the next channel update, all
> is overwritten. So one has to either completely disable the automatic updates
> or live without the channel for the time being.
>
> I had just a quick look over the vdr source and figured it wouldn't be too
> hard to come up with a patch to support something like this I guess. So I
> wanted to ask if this new feature would be considered ok for inclusion into
> vdr-1.7.x or if there are reasons against it? Otherwise I would put it on my
> todo list and get to it when I get some time... if no one else does it in the
> meantime that is. :-)

I deal with this type of problem by having two copies of the channel,
with one with rid=1.  The one with rid=0 will be automatically updated
to incorrect values, while the one with rid=1 will not be updated, so it
can be tuned as needed.
Can you have 2 channels without changing anything in the code?
I had to change some functions to have this. I found that VDR deletes duplicate channels by default.

What is rid by the way?