Re: channel-change-prediction, doable? stupid idea?

Am Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:07:09 +0200
schrieb Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Gerald Dachs <vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Assumed I have 2 free Tuners and I zapp through the channels of one
> > tuner. Would it be possible to tune the 2. tuner to the same time to
> > the after next channel in change direction, so that for the next
> > channel change in the same direction it would be possible to
> > channge to the 2. tuner instead of changing the channels of
> > the 1. tuner. Channels gets changed afterwords.
> > Does this work?
> > Is changing of the tuners faster than changing channels?
> > Would this flicker?
> > Does this happen already?
>
> If you're going into that direction, I think in addition to zaps
> there might be a need to get back to previous channel regardless of
> zapping or manual channel selection. Many remote controls even have a
> special button for that.
Doable with one tuner more, but the question is still, is changing the
primary device faster than changing the channels?

I am a programmer, but I don't know so much about the things that happen
inside the vdr. I have looked already some times inside the source code.
It is c++ like I do it, a skeleton of c++-code with pure c inside :),
but before I spend my time to dig deep enough into it to understand what
has to be changed I want to know, that it makes sense.

Gerald