Re: Q: How to use Multiswitch w/ 2 satellites

Harald Milz schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment I use 2 satellites (Astra1 @ 19.2E, Hotbird @ 13.0E) with 3
> budget cards and cables (2x Astra from a quad LNB, 1x Hotbird from a single)
> with the capabilities patch. In the future I may need to cut down the 3 to 2
> cards / cables. I know I will need to replace the quad LNB by a quattro, or
> maybe both LNBs by two duals. The question is, how can I use a 3/2 multiswitch,
> and how will VDR know where the 13.0E programs are, or the 19.2E, respectively.
>
> TIA!

Hm,
i would do it this way:
replace your single LNB with a dual LNB, and buy 2 disec-c switches.
then link them together this way:

*----------*                *-----------*              *--------*
| quad LNB |----------------|  disec-c  |              |        |
|          |-               |  switch   |--------------| Card 1 |
|          |-      *--------|     1     |              |        |
|          |-------|----*   *-----------*              *--------*
*----------*       |    |
                    |    |
| dual LNB |-------*    *---|  disec-c  |              |        |
|          |                |  switch   |--------------| Card 2 |

this way you can record with both cards both Sat-positions.
To tell vdr which port of the switches is connected to which Sat-position
you have to setup the file disec.conf
Christoph