Re: Choice of recording format

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Tony Houghton <h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was just wondering what prompted the move from recording in PES to TS.
> Is it because TS is more widely supported? And how does it solve the
> problem of BBC HD having the wrong PID for audio?
>
> And why TS instead of PS? Is it because PS needs a header which is
> difficult to generate before all the packets intended for it are
> available (and hence difficulties overlapping playback and recording)?
> Or is it because the way recordings are played back makes TS more
> appropriate?

Switching to TS has been a point of much discussion so you'll find
plenty of answers if you search the ml (archive).

Btw, any errors on the providers part should be fixed @ the provider,
not within VDR.  If I'm not mistaken they've already contacted them
regarding the pid issue, though I don't know what/if came out of it.