WinTV USB CI-Module and recommended distribution for VDR?

Hi all,

as my hardware is shipping (went for the ASUS M2N78Pro, GeForce 8300
with an Athlon X2 4850e, hopefully that'll work with VDPAU and HD
videos), it's now time to choose a DVB-S/2 card.

I consider the TT 3200 and with a slight preference the Haupauge
HVR-4000 (drivers in the kernel since 2.6.28 seems a bit more
comfortable). The only point I'm unsure about is the Haupauge WinTV
CI-module USB. Does anyone know about its linux compatibility?

Or do you recommend the TT 3200 if I need an CI module?

And the second question is about the preferred distribution to use VDR
with. Are there any distributions optimized for VDR and fast boot times?
(Yes I know [1], but that didn't help me with choosing one optimized for
short boot times.) LinVDR seemed to be such, but the last version is now
4 years old. I personally have experiences with Gentoo and Debian, so
that would be my choices if no one has a better option worth trying.

Greetings
-Sascha-

[1]http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/%C3%9Cbersicht_Software#Distributionen