[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.2

VDR developer version 1.7.2 is now available at

      ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.2.tar.bz2

A 'diff' against the previous version is available at

      ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.7.1-1.7.2.diff

WARNING:
========

This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.

The main focus of this version is the switch to the S2API driver API.
Anybody who has contributed patches that adapt VDR to the S2API should please
verify whether tuning their devices works as expected.

Note that for the moment Transfer Mode replay on Full Featured DVB cards
still uses TS->PES conversion. This will hopefully be replaced by pure TS
replay later.

The changes since version 1.7.1:

- Added a note about 'Id' being obsolete to the description of cDevice::PlayAudio().
- Switched to the new S2API driver API, which was decided to become the official
  DVB API in the kernel (based on patches from Igor M. Liplianin, Niels Wagenaar
  and Edgar Hucek). VDR now uses the S2API driver from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb.
  In order to correctly detect DVB-S2 capable devices, you need to apply the patch
  from ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/v4l-dvb-s2api-add-s2-capability.diff to
  the driver source, because the S2API doesn't provide a way of telling whether a
  device can handle DVB-S2 transponders.
- The cDvbTuner::IsTunedTo() function now also checks the symbol rate in case of
  DVB-S and DVB-C.
- Improved handling PES video packets with zero length when converting from TS to PES.
  For good replay in Transfer Mode on full featured DVB cards you may want to apply
  the patch from ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/av7110_v4ldvb_api5_audiobuf_test_1
  to the driver (thanks to Oliver Endriss).

Have fun!

Klaus