Re: xineliboutput sxfe / xxmc / via / EPIA ML6000 : great !

Mika Laitio a écrit :> What I have now tried to search for is a fast booting client for my old > P700, that could boot automatically to X with dummy user and then launch > the vdr-xineliboutput.> > The ideal would be that once bios checks have been done, rest of the boot > would for getting X and vdr client running would take less than 30 seconds > from the bios checking,  but currently I am very far from that and I am > not sure what would be the best option for the client.> > 1) local harddisk for booting and launching X and vdr-sxfe> 2) nfs mount from server for booting and launching X and vdr-sxfe> 3) local harddisk booting X and connecting to server with XDMCP.>     (would video and audio work over XDMCP from server?)> 4) lpts5 where some apps would be run from server, while multimedia like>     vdr-sxfe would be run from client harddisk> > What kind of solutions what boottimes you have for the clients?
 From kernel first log line in the syslog server (I guess timestamps are when rcS.d/ scripts start to run, ie. does not include kernel load time + initrd), to LIRC accepting the VDR client (including a 5s sleep I had to add):* 31s on the ML6000* 16s on a Athlon 2200+* 18s on the M10k
That's with a single NFS root filesystem and network boot (no local storage). It does not include kernel + initrd load time over the network, BIOS time, etc. It also does not include specific imrpovement, except "not install unneeded things".
The best timing would be from power-on to live-TV on the display.BIOS + PXE (network boot) are ugly in this regard... Initrd is also time-consuming.
-- NH
_______________________________________________vdr mailing listvdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vdr