Re: Windows remote client

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 21:04 +0200, Alex Betis wrote:

> Thanks. Nice project. I'll try to use it, few questions still bother
> me.
> What is MVP that that client was intended to use?

Hauppauge MediaMVP - small hardware device that was supposed to use its
own Hauppauge Windows software as its 'server' - the vomp plugins allow
VDR to be the server for these devices.

> Why creating its own GUI and not pass the output of VDR (with all the
> menus) on the network to the client as VLC and streamdev do it?
> Maybe the intention was to pass only DVB traffic...

The vomp windows client seems to be a software implementation of the
MediaMVP hardware, so hence it's using the same protocols :) There is no
standard method by which to 'pass all the menus on the network'...

> Anyone tried to use the VOMP client as an output device on Linux
> instead of xine or softdevice?

Yes, works fine. I use it from time to time with a full-featured card.
Mainly I just stream a single channel with VLC, tho :)

gdh