Re: Two different types of DVB card

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:20:23 +0100"Sébastien Serra" <sebastien.serra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you explain it more. What is "the right module" ? I have 2 dvb card, one> nova-s and one nova-t. with szap i can use my nova-t. With vdr no success, i> have "unavailable channel" when i switch to dvb-t channel.> Plz help...
For the Nova-S I hadn't built the stv0299 module at first, and then itwasn't installed after I thought I'd built a new kernel because recentversions of make-kpkg don't seem to automatically rebuild after changingsomething unless you delete its stamp files first.
For the Nova-T the front-end requires tda1004x and also a firmware filecalled dvb-fe-tda10045.fw; /usr/src/linux/Documentation/dvb contains ascript to fetch it. If you haven't installed the firmware you'll get the"Channel unavailable" message as above, and you'll also see "tda1004x:firmware upload failed" in dmesg.
This depends on the model; some Nova-Ts have a completely differentchipset, usually cx88 I think. I had another card which used that, italso needs some analog v4l drivers before the DVB drivers can beenabled. I'm not using it ATM because I've only got 2 PCI slots.
The modules the Nova-T and Nova-S are using between them are:
stv0299tda1004xbudget_cibudget_coresaa7146ttpci_eepromir_commondvb_core
-- TH * http://www.realh.co.uk