Re: uvd2 support in Linux fro Radeon HD 4000 series

>>> AMD's X-Video Bitstream Acceleration
>>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_xvmc_xvba&num=1
>>

>> I see no mention on the mplayer mailing list about AMDXvBA. Are there
>> actual users that can confirm that (insert codec X here) playback is
>> indeed fully accelerated with these cards?
>
> As faar, as I have understood it, full acceleration for H264/VC-1 is not
> working right now. Mplayer/Xine and/or ffmpeg needs to be rewritten to be
> able to use XvBA.
>
> What is working is XvMC with XvBA. But you will only get MPEG2
> acceleration with it.

Yes, at least Mandriva cooker release of fglrx suggest only for testing
the XvMC with mpeg2.

     http://lists.mandriva.com/cooker/2008-11/msg00022.php

I have not yet tried to update my machine to latest cooker to see
whether it could work with 780G/HD3200.

Mika