Re: mplayer plugin doesn work when vdr run from inittab

En/na Torgeir Veimo ha escrit:
> The mplayer plugin doesn't work when I start vdr from inittab. It
> works ok if vdr is started from the console.

Maybe it needs a console to work?
I side stepped the problem by running vdr inside a screen session, so it
has a console and I can attach to it when I want

> I've seen hints that $USER and $HOME need to be set, but setting these
> in my startup script doesn't change anything.. Anyone got any idea
> what's missing?
>
> Also, it would be an idea to be able to get the log output from the
> mplayer plugin somehow.

See above: using screen I can see vdr (and plugins) output.

Bye
--
Luca