Re: [v4l-dvb-maintainer] [Wanted] dvb-ttpci maintainer

hermann pitton wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 24.09.2008, 19:22 +0200 schrieb Oliver Endriss:
> > Hi,
> >
> > due to the way S2API was pushed through (I would call it a plot)
> > there is not much motivation left to spend my time with DVB.
> >
> > So - if someone wants to take over the dvb-ttpci drivers he should speak
> > up now. The sooner the better.
>
> Oliver,
>
> you and Manu still stand for dvb with highest respect from _all_ I know
> about.
>
> And for all I know else, maybe I know nothing, this was for sure not a
> plot.
>
> Except of course a majority of plumbers at the same place at the same
> time can create/propose some facts.

No. They can discuss/propose anything they like, but 8 people don't have
any right to make decisions. (This is why I call it a plot.)

There are basic democratic rules which must be followed in a community:

(1) Make a proposal
(2) Discuss the proposal
(3) Finally, _after_ the discussion: A poll to find a decision.

> Think it over.

Well, I had enough time to think about it...

Oliver