Re: VDR Development

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Oliver Endriss <o.endriss@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Guys, I can't stand this blabla any longer.

Then don't read this thread.

> Klaus stated clearly how he wants to do VDR development, and he has the
> right to do it his way! No matter whether you like it or not!

What's your point?  At one point he also said he didn't intend to
support HDTV because he doesn't use it, as well as said he had no
intention to move away from mpeg-pes.  Thanks to the discussions &
input on this mailing list by the users, he has changed his mind.

> My suggestion for those who are unhappy with the current situation:
> 0. Stop this discussion.

I will NEVER suggest to prohibit or censor discussion, especially at a
place where open discussion should be promoted.  We all have the right
to our opinions and I see no crime in voicing them.  Judging by the
number of responses, many people have strong opinions on the subject
regardless of which side of the fence they stand on, and I'm glad to
read them all.  Your idea that we should just shut up and if we don't
like it, then make a fork, maintain it for 8 years bla bla bla, is a
bit childish at best.  Sorry, but nobody here needs your permission or
approval to discuss VDR related topics on the VDR mailing list.

Again, my suggestion is to do what I do....  Don't read threads that
don't interest me.