Re: iptv plugin+CAM support

2008/8/25 Придворов Андрей <ua0lnj@xxxxx>:> Hi> I use iptv, but my iptv provider is planning to encode the signal,> and distribute the access card.> This plugin does not see the availability of encryption, and can not work> with CAM.> Any plan about integrate CAM support in iptv?> Any suggestions?>
Hi.
Support for CAM seems to be nowadays one of the top requested featuresfor the iptv plugin. I guess that encrypted streams are becoming morepopular in the iptv world altogether.
It turns out that implementing CAM support to iptv is quite tricky.One option would be to implement support for external CAM module suchas the Hauppauge WinTV-CI USB. These devices seem to be unsupported inlinux so a driver would have to be written first.
I've also thought about using the CAM of an existing DVB card to dothe decryption of iptv streams, but to the best of my currentknowledge it is impossible to use a CAM of a certain device to decryptstreams that are not received by the same device. (Someone correct meif I'm mistaken).
Can anyone think of any other alternatives?