Re: Anyone having contacts to ZDF? (Re: TV channel logo collection)

On Wednesday 02 July 2008, Hanno Zulla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > So far, noone turned down the request and I have collected a critical
> > mass of logos within a few days:
> >
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Logo_Collection
[...]

I applaud the effort, and IANAL, but with all due respect, are you certain
that the license agreement draft says what you intend?

For example, the "non-commercial" word is problematic.  GPL _allows_
commercial distribution, and removing that possiblity makes your license
incompatible with the GPL (which I'm sure you know is VDR's and practically
all its plugins' license).
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#NoMilitary

I suggest finalizing the license/copyright terms before asking logo copyright
holders for permission in order to avoid having to ask them again if/when the
license changes.