Re: playing 2 audio streams at the same time

Peter Münster wrote:
> Is it possible with vdr, to send one audio channel to the headphones and
> the other audio channel to the speakers (or another headphones)?

I don't think that this is currently possible, though it would be a
really great feature. The easy way from hardware point - use stereo
channels separate - would be rather tricky as you would have to recode
the audio signal on the fly. But an secondary sound card output (dvb +
sound card out or 2 sound cards) should be possible as plugin. Maybe
even overlay an existing 5.1 output with different language on the rear
channels.

Anyone who ever wanted to write a plugin and had just no idea what? ;)

Cheers,

Udo